Monday, February 24, 2014

Paleo Snickerdoodle Cookies


I found this recipe here, and was BEYOND excited. I love a good cookie, and Snickerdoodles have always been one of my favorites. I had to make a couple of adjustments, since my kitchen is not...well, up to par.

Paleo Snickerdoodles

2 cups blanched almond flour
⅛ teaspoon celtic sea salt
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup vegan shortening (I used coconut oil)
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup coconut sugar for dipping
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon for dipping

In a food processor, (I used a hand mixer, since I don't have a food processor...) combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon
Pulse in the shortening and honey
Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough, and roll into a ball
Briefly dip ball in a small bowl of water
Roll wet ball in coconut sugar and cinnamon to coat
Place ball on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
Flatten ball with palm of your hand
Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes
Cool and serve

When you dip the dough balls in the water try not to let them get too wet or they will fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When it Began:Why I thought I would love Yoga

When I began my yoga journey I was very interested in the things my physical body could do. I still am, to be honest, however my physical se...