Friday, July 17, 2020

When it Began:Why I thought I would love Yoga

When I began my yoga journey I was very interested in the things my physical body could do. I still am, to be honest, however my physical self is no longer my main focus. I'd love to stretch my foot behind my head and get into incredibly complex arm balances, but to what end? Why did/do I want to do those things? Mostly because it looks really cool, I could take amazing pictures...


Yoga eventually become so much more. Yoga saved me in a way I was not expecting it to. Sure, my body is more flexible than it was before, however, it's those other parts of me that have been impacted to most.

When I was taking my yoga teacher training I was going through a very long, very difficult spiritual awakening. I was frustrated by the disparities in my religion, I was annoyed at the people who never seemed to question anything, I was confused about what I should do and frankly who I was.

I began to understand the pause that yoga brings to life. The opportunity to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. The practice of taking the journey instead of trying to skip straight to the end.


I began -in my life- to pause, to lean into the uncomfortable situations, and to do the work that this life requires of us.
I allowed the my mind, body, and spirit to become more united, to yoke together and learn from one another.
I began to become a more complete version of myself.

This is not to say that I no longer have any questions, hard days, or face confusion. I still experience these things in abundance. I am now more adept at dealing with them. Putting in the extra work feel like bondage, but it is actually freedom.

Fast is slow, Slow is fast.



Yoga training found Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When it Began:Why I thought I would love Yoga

When I began my yoga journey I was very interested in the things my physical body could do. I still am, to be honest, however my physical se...