Monday, February 17, 2014

Paleo Blueberry Muffins


I love muffins, I want to eat them everyday, but I also want to be healthy, and trim...so I don't. I mean muffin tops belong in my mouth and not on my waist. Anyway I've found several Paleo recipes and thought that maybe I should jump on the bandwagon and give them a try. Because, like I said, I love muffins. 
They do taste a little coconut-ty, but they are so good. Next I'm going to try one that is Almond Flour based. Don't worry, I'll let you know how they turn out!


I found this recipe here.
Ingredients
⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons raw honey
½ cup coconut milk, full fat
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3 eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup fresh blueberries

Instructions
Using a rubber spatula, mix the coconut flour with the baking soda in a bowl
in a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract
add the coconut flour mixture and mix to form a batter
fold in the blueberries
pour batter into paper lined muffin pan cups and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until tops start to turn golden brown. Wait until they are completely cool before removing from the pan.
I made 24 mini muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment

When it Began:Why I thought I would love Yoga

When I began my yoga journey I was very interested in the things my physical body could do. I still am, to be honest, however my physical se...