Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lemon Basil Garlic Chicken

A client recommended this recipe to me. I thought it sounded pretty great. I decided to make a couple of changes to it. Here is my amended version of this amazing dish.

Ingredients
4 Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C chicken broth
2-3 T Coconut oil
3-4 cloves of garlic, diced (I used the stuff in a jar...)
Zest of 1 1/2 Lemons (zest makes everything better)
Juice of 1 1/2 Lemons
1/4 Sweet onion (or dried onion flakes) Use to taste
Dried Basil
Dried Parsley
Fresh Ground Pepper
Garlic Powder

I did as little prep as possible (see also: I hate cooking) I sort of just threw everything in the crock pot, here are some more specific directions.

Place chicken breasts in crock pot
Wash lemons, then zest them onto the chicken in the crock pot.
Sprinkle in the dry spices and onion, I just put in a couple of shakes of everything.
Juice lemons and pour into crock pot, add chicken broth and coconut oil.
Put lid on crock pot and cook on low for about 6 hours. 
If your chicken breasts are frozen, or larger you may need to cook it a bit longer, or hotter. 

Soak in the yummy lemon garlic heaven that will be your home for the next several hours.

I like to shred the chicken with a large fork while it's still in the crock pot, but you can dish it out however you'd like. 

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

When it Began:Why I thought I would love Yoga

When I began my yoga journey I was very interested in the things my physical body could do. I still am, to be honest, however my physical se...