Thursday, January 23, 2014

Wellness Tea


It's that time of year...still. Between breathing in Utah's nasty inversion air and the dry dusty air pumped out of heaters my sinus passage takes a beating over these cold months. I drink lots of herbal tea, lots , but sometimes I need something a little stronger.
I tried this "sick tea" at a local coffee shop and loved it. The spice from the pepper clears out my sinuses while the local honey coats my dry scratchy throat, and the lemon, can we talk about lemons?
I decided I could probably throw some together at home, after all I have all the ingredients, and I know how to boil water. 
Here is my home brewed recipe for the sick tea that I prefer to call wellness tea (after all I never get sick, I stay well...) 

 Few cups hot water (I boil mine, so hot I can't drink it for a while)
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Teaspoon of local honey (more or less to taste)
A few sprinkles of ground red pepper (more or less depending on your spice tolerance, mine is low, very low)
Pour all these into a large mug stir a bit and drink deeply. 



Lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment

When it Began:Why I thought I would love Yoga

When I began my yoga journey I was very interested in the things my physical body could do. I still am, to be honest, however my physical se...