Saturday, February 11, 2012

Healthy & Delicouse Peanut Butter Cookies

I found this recipe for extremely healthy peanut butter cookies on this website.  I decided to try them out for a small party I was having. They were a HUGE hit, and super easy to make!

Here is the recipe; It says it only makes 6 cookies, but I made a dozen pretty good sized cookies.

I used a vanilla flavored Soy based protein powder (Soy protein cooks better than Whey) I think I will try it next time with chocolate, since chocolate and peanut butter are so good together.



1 cup organic peanut butter  (I got the kind you grind yourself at WinCo)
2 omega-3 eggs
½ cup unsalted peanuts, crushed (I left these out since my peanut butter was kind of chunky)
5 scoops chocolate or vanilla
protein powder
¾ cup Splenda
3 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, add the organic
peanut butter and omega-3 eggs and mix well. Add crushed
unsalted peanuts. Now, one scoop at a time, add 5 scoops of
protein powder, mixing in thoroughly. The mixture will begin
to get dry, so add 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp at a time, to moisten.
On a baking sheet, form 6 equal portions and flatten with a
fork to form a cookie. Place into the oven and bake for a total
time of 20 minutes. When done the cookies should feel
slightly firm and dry to the touch.
Remove cookies from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
(per serving)
Calories 484 kcal
Protein 34 g
Carbohydrate 15 g
Fat 32 g
Saturated 6 g
Monounsaturated 16 g
Polyunsaturated 10 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

When it Began:Why I thought I would love Yoga

When I began my yoga journey I was very interested in the things my physical body could do. I still am, to be honest, however my physical se...