Friday, September 16, 2011

Structure

As a free spirited, and slightly rebellious toddler, child, teenager, and now 20 something things like schedules, bedtimes and structure have always been... less pleasant to me.
Recently, I have been talking with one of my clients, who has the same mind set as I do about how structure and schedule are actually our friends and not our enemies.
I look at my life and realize when I am living well I eat the same foods workout at the same times and am healthier and happier than when I am not. Even mornings I don't work throw off my groove, so to speak.
What's the point, you ask? the point is routine, schedules, and structure are what we, as humans need to live happy, healthy, and productive lives!
What to do next?
Make a schedule, set aside a time each day to workout. Even if you only have 30 min early in the morning, it'll change your life, and your body! The next step, get regimented with your food, include vegetables in every meal, prepare all your food for the week on Sunday evening. Make a plan and stick to it!
Don't try and do everything all at once, the key is one change at a time. You CAN do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When it Began:Why I thought I would love Yoga

When I began my yoga journey I was very interested in the things my physical body could do. I still am, to be honest, however my physical se...