Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Low back pain fixes


I read some interesting stats today, thought I would share;

*What’s the #1 reason people visit the family doc? The common cold.
*What’s the #2 reason? Lower back pain.
80% of adults report lower back pain at some point in their lives and 10-15% of all sports-related injuries involve the spine. Low back pain accounts for more lost person hours than any other type of occupational injury and is the most frequent cause of activity limitation in those under age 45.
If you are experiencing lower back pain, once again, think mobility! Since sitting or lying around can actually increase the pain! The exercises (posted above) will help to strengthen the core, thus lessening the pressure on the lower back. 

*Please read the dis-claimer and take it easy on the Superman exercise (especially if you have back injuries, such as herniated disks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

When it Began:Why I thought I would love Yoga

When I began my yoga journey I was very interested in the things my physical body could do. I still am, to be honest, however my physical se...